• UD Search

Alternative Routes to Certification

Critical Need Subjects

Schools are currently challenged to find enough certified teaching candidates in five “critical need” subjects:

  • English language learners
  • math
  • science
  • secondary special education
  • world languages

For more information about each content area, go to What Are Critical Need Subjects?

ARTC identifies highly qualified teaching candidates in one of those content areas and guides them through the process of finding a teaching position in their field in a Delaware public school.

If you wish to teach in any one of the above areas in a public, charter or parochial school, then apply to ARTC.

University of Delaware   •   Newark, DE 19716   •   USA
Phone: (302) 831-4598   •   © 2011