- Send transcript(s) of all college courses ( “unofficial” copy is OK) to ARTC (see info below).
- Send passing PRAXIS I & II scores to DE Dept. of ED and the ARTC coordinator.(As of June 1, 2013 passing scores in all Praxis I subtests [reading, writing & math} will be required. Passing Praxis II or its equivalent will be required of each applicant later this year.)
- Once ARTC notifies you that you are “eligible,” apply for teaching positions.
- Register on State “DEEDS” website: https://deeds.doe.k12.de.us/
- Once employed, your employer notifies ARTC to enroll you. You should notify ARTC as well.
- ARTC sends you a welcome letter and tentative schedule for required seminars and courses.
- Call ARTC office to register for ARTC Seminars (first course requirements for certification).
- State DOE issues your initial license and “emergency certificate.”
- Register for 4 other ARTC courses with the Office of Professional and Continuing Studies (see info below) as you are scheduled for them.
- If you haven’t already passed PRAXIS II in your assigned subject, pass PRAXIS II and send scores to DE DOE (deadline: June 30 of year two).
- Each semester you check in with ARTC about progress.
- Each year, ARTC writes letter to you, HR office and state updating your status.
- When you have finished the five required courses, ARTC sends a letter to you, your HR office and the state announcing you have completed ARTC required courses.
- You request UD registrar’s office send an official final transcript to HR office and DOE.
- Your HR office sends the state a letter recommending you for “standard certificate.”
- The state DOE issues you a “standard certificate.”
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|ARTC||ARTC||Office of Professional and Continuing Studies ACCESS Center|
|Frank Livoy, Coordinator
200 Academy Street
Newark, DE 19716
|Stephen Schwartz, Kent & Sussex County Asst. Coordinator
Carter Partnership Center
Georgetown, DE 19947
|Deborah Farris, Coordinator
850 Library Ave.
Newark, DE 19716